PUT YOUR MIND IN YOUR DANTIAN?


From a question by Mander Thiara and one other person.

When I allow forces (say, a weight that I'm holding) to go through my body and rest on the ground at the soles of my feet, I am letting the ground do a lot of the work. If I push someone while leaving my hands connected to the soles of my feet, the ground provides the solidity and all I have to do is add a little extra force (usually with the dantian/backbow) to push effectively.

By making sure that I always source my forces at the soles of my feet, I have to pay attention and "keep my mind in the soles of my feet". It's called "sink your qi".

When I am used to using jin from my feet but have learned to control the forces with my dantian, my body becomes more efficient, although such a skill takes a while to develop. But ultimately, by keeping your focus on moving jin and pushing from the dantian area, you learn to use jin and qi better. But to focus on movement and jin from the dantian requires that you "keep your mind in your dantian".

That's all it means.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silly Magic of Asian Martial Arts versus Reality